SORRY... THIS COMPETITION HAS CLOSED AND A WINNER SELECTED.
The distillery opened its doors in December 2019, proudly reviving Aberdeen’s lost distilling heritage. The last distillery (Strathdee Distillery) closed its doors way back in 1941 – a pause of almost 80 years.
Situated in the heart of the city, within a historic railway arch, visitors can discover the operational distillery, the Aberdeen Gin School (you can distil your very own 70cl bottle of gin) and a shop offering samples - take a home a bottle, filled directly from a selection of gin-filled French glass demi-johns.
The gin produced at the distillery is small batch, full-flavoured, limited edition and Scottish. It is made using organic alcohol, costing the distillery twice as much but imparts a smoother aroma/texture to the gin.
Win a special hamper filled with gin, delicious treats and snacks to celebrate launch of the distillery's Christmas offerings including Christmas Hampers, Countdown Boxes, Gin Adventure Boxes
and personalised glasses.
Also, our official distillery gin will be launching in December as part of a very limited 1st release. Those subscribed to our newsletter will be amongst the first to find out how to buy Aberdeen's Gin in time for Christmas.
A luxurious hamper, containing...
- 3 x 20cl bottles of Aberdeen distilled Gin - Fresh Gin, Scottish Bramble Gin and Scottish Strawberry Gin
- 2 x 5cl miniature bottles - Tuck Shop Gin and Chocolate & Mint Gin
- Oregano Crostinia by Crosta & Mollica
- Dean's Extra Mature Cheddar & Chilli bites
- Caramel Sea Salt Fudge by Cocoba
- Mr Filberts Honey & Peppercorn mixed nuts
- Handmade Olive flatbreads by Seggiano
- Cinder Toffee Milk Chocolate by Cocoa Ooze
- Maclean's Cherry Bakewell Luxury Biscuits
If you are a local food/drink business and you'd like to feature a product in our hamper, please get in touch.
How to enter
Step 1. Answer the following question correctly.
Step 2. Subscribe to the distillery newsletter (and validate your e-mail address).
The closing date is Sunday 20th December 2020 at 11:59pm. The winning entry will be drawn on Monday 21st December 2020 and the winner notified by e-mail.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older to participate and to receive the prize.
- The competition is open from Saturday 14th November 2020 12:00pm.
- The competition closes Sunday 20th December 2020 at 11:59.
- Entry to the competition is by way of answering 1 question correctly and subcribing to the distillery newsletter.
- Entrants must validate their e-mail address by following the link sent upon signup.
- The competition is open to all residents of the UK.
- The winner's name, age (for the purposes of verifying legal drinking age) and e-mail address will be verified - if under the age of 18 or if any false information provided, City of Aberdeen Distillery reserves the right to disqualify the entrant.
- Entrants must be a subscriber to the newsletter at the time of the draw.
- No e-mail aliases / plus addresses permitted.
- 1 entry per household.
- You must not enter on behalf of another person, nor enter with the intention of providing the prize to a person who is under the legal drinking age.
Selecting the winner
- A winner will be selected at random on Monday 21th December. The decision made by City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. is final.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and has three days to respond and provide a valid UK address / collect from the distillery.
- Prizes can be collected from the distillery / will be posted free to charge to any valid UK address (tracked).
- City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. may pass details of winners to a third party who is engaged to deliver prizes to winners on behalf of City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. or (as the case may be) a sponsor or alternative promoter.
- This competition is free to enter - no purchase neccessary.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for any cash equivalent.
- City of Aberdeen Distillery accepts no liability as a result of undelivered/undeliverable prizes.
- In entering the competition, you warrant that all information you submit is correct and not obscene or offensive.
- Entrants (including winners) shall not do or say anything that could damage or harm the reputation of City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd.
- The competition sponsor reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than that advertised. The prizes are not transferrable.
- Names of winners and results of competitions may be published by City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. in our relevant publications and/or on our relevant online channels. To obtain the name(s) of the winner(s) of a specific competition, please send a stamped addressed envelope to:- City of Aberdeen Distillery, Arch 10, Palmerston Road, AB11 5RE, after the relevant closing date. Please indicate on the envelope the name, publication and date of the specific competition.
Publicity and use of personal information
- Entrants agree that (if they win) they will take part in such reasonable competition-related publicity as City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. may require and accept that City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. may publicise their entry, including photos or images submitted as part of their entry, names, likeness and statements in connection with/resulting from the competition in any and all media. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition Information, no Entrants or Winners shall be obliged to take part in any photo publicity. Entrants shall not enter into any correspondence or give interviews with any third party on any matters arising from the competition, without prior written permission of City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd.
- City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. and/or third party promoters for the competition may use data supplied by entrants to process the competition, inform winning participants of their winning entry, distribute prizes and, where the relevant marketing permissions have been collected, to contact entrants in relation to other competitions it runs or to market products or services it believes may be of interest to them.
- Entry into the competition shall constitute consent to the uses of data contained in these Terms and related terms specified in the Competition information.
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by their negligence or fraud, City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. shall not be liable to any entrant (and/or any guest or parent/guardian of an entrant, as applicable) for any loss or damage howsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with a competition. If City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. is liable to a participant for any reason (other than death or personal injury arising from City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd.'s negligence) such liability shall be limited to £50 in aggregate.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law City of Aberdeen Distillery Ltd. does not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the competition prizes or any information, service or product provided in connection with a competition.
- This competition is in no way associated with, endorsed by or sponsored, or administered by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media / social media third party organisation. Entry into the competition releases any of these companies from responsibility / liability as a result of engaging with the competition.
Our promise to you
- We won't spam you - our newsletter is new but will likely be on a weekly / fortnightly basis and occasionally to inform you of new products/services on offer.
- We'll respect your preferences. You can unsubscribe from the e-mail at any time. If for some reason there are any problems, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to resolve any issues promptly.
- No ghosts were harmed in the distillation of our spirits.
- We're rooting for every one of you - GOOD LUCK AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!
These terms are in addition to our general terms and conditions found here